What we do
"The Growing Through Education Foundation (GTEF) is a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity that aims to provide financial and practical assistance to schools and school communities with specific development needs"
- Empower remote communities to improve the way they live
- Enable communities through sustainable education in their context
- Create entrepreneurial ventures to make tangible differences through hands on support
- Provide financial, physical & digital resources direct to community leaders to scale solutions for future generations
Improve the lives of local communities by local people.
How we do it
Infrastructure / Financial Donations
- Funding the building of schools
- Fundraising for physical resources
- Educational / Corporate partnerships
- Corporate donation and sponsorship
On the Ground Support
- GTEF Voluntourism Trips
- Community Improvement
- Teacher Professional Development
- Teacher Conferences
- Books & Stationary
- Furniture & Blackboards
- Computers & IT
- School uniforms
- Sport equipment
What have we done
GTEF started out as an extension of 'Achieve Through Art' program enabling children in remote regions to discover their creativity.
GTEF evolved over the past 7 years into providing broader educational support to enable communities in remote regions.
GTEF are committed and driven to empower more remote communities to improve their lives to a state of well-being.
Raj is one of the founders of Help Tourism, a Siliguri creation that has now spread wings and
was the driving force behind the creation of village tourism and home stay tourism in India. He has been the architect of several innovative tourism products like the Mango festival.